Enrollment verification is the process by which a student’s status at Georgia State is verified. This is often necessary when students are applying for loans and credit cards, among other purposes.
Enrollment Verification for Students
Enrollment verifications must be picked up in 227 Sparks Hall (photo I.D. required) or you can request that they be mailed.
Accessing Enrollment Verification
You can access the National Student Clearinghouse Free Student Self-Service Enrollment Verification via PAWS.
- Access PAWS with your Campus ID and password.
- Select the Enrollment tab, then the Student Records block.
- Select Display Official Enrollment Verification Certificate.
- Log in to National Student Clearinghouse site with your name, birth date, and social security number.
- Select from the following options:
- Print a certificate of enrollment that can be forwarded to a health insurer, housing provider, employer, credit issuer, or other student services provider
- View the enrollment information on file with the Clearinghouse
- View the student loan deferment notifications that the Clearinghouse has provided to my loan holders (lenders and guarantors)
- View the proof(s) of enrollment that the Clearinghouse has provided to my health insurers and other providers of student services or products
- View specific information about my student loan.
An official Verification of Enrollment will be available from the Clearinghouse on approximately the 15th business day of class for a semester or term, except for summer terms.
This chart indicates the credit hours required to be certified as full-time or part-time for both undergraduate and graduate students for fall, spring and summer terms.
Determine Your Enrollment Status
|Level||Current Registration In Semester Hours||Semester / Term||Status|
|Undergraduate||9 to 11.9||Any Term||Three Quarter Time|
|Undergraduate||6 to 8.9||Any Term||Half-time|
|Undergraduate||Less than 6||Any Term||Less than Half-time|
|Graduate||6 to 8.9||Fall/Spring*||Three Quarter Time|
|Graduate||4.5 to 5.9||Fall/Spring*||Half-time|
|Graduate||Less than 4.5||Any Term||Less than Half-time|
|Law Graduate||12+||Any Term||Full-time|
|Law Graduate||9 to 11.9||Any Term||Three Quarter Time|
|Law Graduate||6 to 8.9||Any Term||Half-time|
|Law Graduate||Less than 6||Any Term||Less than Half-time|
*Note: A minimum of 6 hours is full-time in the summer for graduate students and half-time is a minimum of 4.5 credit hours during the summer.
Suppress Enrollment Verification
An enrolled student may elect not to have this information shared under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Simply fill out a Request for Student Information Suppression form [PDF] and return the form to the One Stop Shop in 227, Sparks Hall.
The National Student Clearinghouse acts as our agent and Authorized Certifying School Official for providing certificates of enrollment verification for insurance purposes, military I.D. card, student loans, etc. Enrollment verification is offered at no cost to students. However, if you have a financial obligation to the university, your enrollment verification will not be released.
Current or former Georgia State students may print certified enrollment verification from PAWS. If a student is co-enrolled at another collegiate institution during the same semester he or she is enrolled at Georgia State, only the hours enrolled at Georgia State can be used for enrollment certification purposes.
Enrollment Verification by Third Parties
The National Student Clearinghouse acts on behalf of Georgia State University to provide degree verification data to such agencies as third-party verifiers, credit card companies and credit approval agencies. Please contact the National Student Clearinghouse through http://www.degreeverify.com/ or by calling 703-742-4200.
The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) protects student rights regarding educational records maintained by educational institutions. In accordance with FERPA, Georgia State University does not release information regarding any student without the consent of the student.