Enrollment Services Center

Once you are enrolled at Georgia State, the Enrollment Services Center is your stop for any questions or problems you may have regarding registration. The Enrollment Services Center is staffed with experts who can quickly assess your problem or situation and either help you on the spot or refer you to the appropriate resource for more information or processing.


Please visit the PantherCard Office (part of Auxiliary & Support Services) on the second floor of the University Center (downstairs from the University Bookstore).
Panther Access to Web Services (PAWS) incorporates the GoSOLAR system. Use PAWS to view your academic records, register for classes, view the status of your financial aid and your student account, and to request a certificate of enrollment verification or transcripts. Please visit http://paws.gsu.edu to log in.

Please contact the Information Systems & Technology (IS&T) Help Desk by phone at 404-413-HELP (404-413-4357) or by email at help@gsu.edu. You can find more information and monitor the status of any help request tickets you submit at technology.gsu.edu/help-center/.

You can reach the Immunization Office at 404-413-1940 or on the first floor of the University Commons student housing complex. You may fax any needed documents to 404-413-1955. Forms and more detailed information are available at health.gsu.edu/.

Final transcript holds generally take effect after the end of registration for your first semester at Georgia State. You can reach the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at 404-413-2500 or 200 Sparks Hall or admissions@gsu.edu. To pay a balance on PAWS, first check to be sure which semester's account has a balance by visiting the Student Accounts menu under the Enrollment tab and then selecting Student Account History. Be sure to check the Total Charges amount against the Total Payments amount for each semester to verify the Term Balances. To make a payment, select Pay Tuition and Fees and then follow the instructions. There is no extra charge for online check payment. There is a processing fee for credit card payments. Please note that Georgia State does not accept Visa but does accept MasterCard, American Express, and Discover, with a $2.75 credit card processing fee. To pay in person, please visit the University Cashier's window on the bottom floor of Sparks Hall at the end of the hallway near the library plaza. Please note that the cashiers can accept payments by cash, check or money order only.

If you have questions regarding your Student Account, then please contact the One Stop Shop. If you have paid all balances due and have a hold persisting more than two business days, then you may contact the Enrollment Services Center.

iCollege is the system most commonly used to provide online course content. To log in, visit www.gsu.edu/ and click on the iCollege link in the student menu at the top of the page. Use the same log-in information as you do for PAWS. If you have problems accessing iCollege please contact the IS&T Help Desk at 404-413-4357.

Your GPA is simply your total quality points divided by the number of credit hours for which you have letter grades. Please visit the advisement site for an online GPA calculator or download this GPA worksheet in Excel format.

Registration and Records

Refer to the online Semester Calendars on the Registrar's site for registration dates, semester starting and ending dates, midpoints, and important academic event dates.
To obtain step-by-step instructions on how to add/drop/withdraw courses, read the Registration Guide.

Students who are eligible to register will be given a registration time-ticket assignment. Approximately one week before registration begins students can find their registration time-ticket assignments by accessing PAWS. A student'€™s time-ticket assignment is valid beginning at the student'€™s assigned time and continues through the last day of late registration.
Time-tickets are assigned with priority to students scheduled to graduate for the upcoming registration term and then to continuing students according to the total credit hours earned. Therefore, time ticket assignments cannot be changed. Once a student is allowed access, the student can adjust his or her schedule on a first-come, first-served basis during the remaining registration period. Many classes fill up quickly. It is to the student'€™s advantage to attempt to register as soon as he or she is allowed access to the registration system.

Students who are admitted to Georgia State with freshman level class standing (under 30 accepted transfer credits) are required to attend New Student Orientation. A first semester freshman will be given a registration time-ticket assignment once he/she signs-up for an New Student Orientation conference. For New Student Orientation dates and detailed information, visit orientation.gsu.edu/.
Georgia State University students may enroll in courses offered by member institutions of the Atlanta Regional Consortium for Higher Education (ARCHE) under a cross registration agreement. Students who wish to cross register must meet all eligibility requirements under the ARCH agreement and the University. Courses taken through cross registration count as residence credit and grades are included in the Georgia State grade point average. Students may learn more about cross registration or obtain an ARCHE Cross Registration Application on the Registrar's site.

Students are not allowed to register for courses if they have a financial hold, immunization requirement hold, emergency contact hold, or an academic standing or requirement that prevents registration. Students must satisfy all financial obligations and fulfill all academic requirements before registration is permitted.

All course requirements and restrictions can be found in the University’s online catalogs. If you feel that you have met the requirements listed for a specific course, but you are still prevented from adding the course to your registration schedule, check the Status column on your PAWS’ Add/ Drop/ Withdraw registration page and refer to the chart below:
Common Registration Errors:

  • PREQ & TEST SCORE-ERROR: The pre-requisite(s) required for the course has not been satisfied. Consult the online catalogs for more details.
  • TIME CONFLICT: You are trying to take two courses that meet at the same time or have overlapping times. You must select different course sections that do not meet at the same time or have overlapping class meeting times. Note: There must be at least a ten minute interval between the scheduled courses or the system flags a Time Conflict. You may request a Time Conflict Override from the department offering the course that you wish to add. The department will typically want authorization from the instructor of the course you wish to add before granting the Time Conflict Override.
  • CLOSED SECTION: This course section is full. You may check with the instructor of the course to request an Overflow into the filled section. Overflows are subject to available space, equipment, and departmental policy.
  • CORE GPA: There is a GPA requirement for this course. Consult with the academic department that offers the course.
  • LEVEL RESTRICTION (Undergraduate Students): Must have permission from the Office of Academic Advisement in your college to take graduate level (5000 and above) courses.
  • DEPARTMENT: This course requires departmental authorization.

During the registration (add/drop) period, a student may drop a course. When a course is dropped, no grade is recorded and no record of the student’s enrollment in the class appears on the student’s transcript. The Registration (add/drop) period ends at 5 p.m. on the first Friday of the term.

After registration period ends, a student may “withdraw” from a course when he/she decides to stop attending. Withdrawing from a course prior to the midpoint of the term makes the student eligible for a grade of W (Note: Undergraduate students will receive a grade of W if they have not exceeded their limit of withdrawals and a grade of WF if they have). This grade is reflected on the student’s official record. After the midpoint of the term, withdrawals are not allowed. The Registration (add/drop) and Withdrawal periods are indicated on the online Semester Calendars.

There is limit on withdrawals for undergraduate degree-seeking students. Undergraduate students are allowed to withdraw with a grade of W a maximum of six times in their undergraduate careers at Georgia State. There is no withdrawal limit for graduate and non-degree seeking students (i.e., post-baccalaureate and transients). Visit the Registrar's site for more information regarding withdrawals.

To obtain step-by-step instructions on how to withdraw a course, visit the Registrar's site.

Enrollment verifications can be obtained and printed from the National Student Clearinghouse via PAWS on or after the 15th business day after the start of classes each semester. Processing of manual enrollment verification requests takes up to seven business days. Certificates of enrollment verification will not be provided for students who have outstanding financial obligations to the university.

Transcripts can be ordered via PAWS and can be picked up in 292 Kell Hall in three to five business days with a photo ID. If an attachment is required with the transcript, then the request must be made in person at the Enrollment Services Center and processing can take up to seven business days. Students may receive up to five free transcripts lifetime; after the fifth one, the cost is $10 each. Transcripts will not be provided for students who have outstanding financial obligations to the university.

Third parties must send in a written request with the student's signed release. The third party can mail the request, along with $10 check or money order and the student'€™s signed Consent to Release Records to Third Parties [PDF] to the Office of the Registrar, Georgia State University, P.O. Box 4017, Atlanta, GA 30302.

We are contracted with the National Student Clearinghouse for all third party inquiries. Please visit their website or call them directly at 703-742-4200.

For security and legal purposes, a legal document, such as a driver's license, social security card, marriage license, divorce decree, adoption papers, certificate of name change at naturalization, or other court order indicating change of name, must be presented with the official change of name, marital status, and/or social security number form. Visit the Office of the Registrar's website for the more information or download the Change in Name, Marital Status or Social Security Number request form [PDF].

You will need to bring your original social security card to the Enrollment Services Center in room 227 Sparks Hall.

You will need to contact the professor of the class in question. For additional information please visit the Grading section of the Registrar's website.

If you need to include an attachment enclosed, please mail or fax the request with the attachment that needs to be mailed with the transcript. They can be sent together. Please be sure to provide the following information: date of birth, student ID, any and all former names, signature and delivery address. Please mail or fax to:

Office of Registrar
Georgia State University
P.O. Box 4017
Atlanta, GA 30302-4017
Fax: 404-413-2220

*Important: A student who has discharged all obligations to Georgia State University is entitled to receive, upon request, a copy of his or her official transcript. A student is entitled to five (5) free lifetime transcripts. Once a student has exhausted the five (5) free transcripts, Georgia State University will charge a $10.00 processing fee for each transcript processed thereafter.

You can come by the Enrollment Services Center with a written request detailing the course descriptions you need. You will need to provide the course names and numbers and the terms in which each course was taken. You can also mail or fax this information.

Office of Registrar
Georgia State University
P.O. Box 4017
Atlanta, GA 30302-4017
Fax: 404-413-2220

You must talk to your instructor to request an extension. Your instructor can request an extension on your behalf through the chairperson of the specific department.

AP scores/credit are not typically posted on Georgia State transcripts, but you may make a special request. If you are in the Atlanta area, come by the Enrollment Services Center at 227 Sparks Hall to make the request in writing. If you are not able to come into the Enrollment Services Center, you can mail or fax a written request to our office. Please be sure to provide the following information: date of birth, student ID, any and all former names, signature and delivery address. You will also need to state in your request that AP scores/credit need to be included. Please mail or fax this information to the address detailed below.

Office of Registrar
Georgia State University
P.O. Box 4017
Atlanta, GA 30302-4017
Fax: 404-413-2220

We are not able to generate an official transcript until you have earned credit here at Georgia State University. If you need an official document to submit to your new institution you may request an enrollment verification showing your schedule of classes. Come by the Enrollment Services Center at 227 Sparks Hall for assistance.