The Office of Classroom Scheduling (OCS), a division of the Office of the Registrar, processes requests for use of general classroom space. Currently, OCS has two contact numbers: 404-413-2231 and 404-413-2407. OCS is located at 75 Piedmont Avenue, Suite 368 and is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The Office of Classroom Scheduling reserves classroom space in the following buildings, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- Arts and Humanities
- Classroom South
- College of Education (rooms 180, 182, and 184 only)
- Kell Hall (room 101 only)
- Langdale Hall (formerly General Classroom Building)
- Library South (room 102 only)
- Petit Science Center (room 101 only)
- Sparks Hall
- Urban Life (rooms 100, 170, and 220 only)
Please note that fees will incur for Aderhold on Fridays after 6:00 p.m. On Saturdays, Classroom South, Langdale Hall and College of Education are free from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. A fee of $40 per hour/building will apply for the three buildings mentioned above after 5:00 p.m. on Saturdays. The same fee will occur for all other buildings on Saturdays and Sundays for all hours requested. Please review our building weekend and semester break reservation policy [PDF] for further information.
Space can be reserved for members of faculty, staff, and chartered student groups by the advisor of the student group. Student groups must be chartered with the Office of Student Involvement and room requests will only be accepted by the advisor of the student group.
- Only six dates may be requested at a time. If you have a recurring reservation, it is acceptable to submit your reservation request for your next set of selected dates no earlier than 5 business days prior to the start date of your next scheduled event. Your reservation request will be processed within 2 business days after the last date of your current event.
- Please be advised, no extra chairs may be brought into the computer rooms. Software and hardware services are provided by the Help Desk at 404-413-4357.
- Events that have 75 or more attendees must have approval from the Dean, Department Chair or Director. Our office must receive the approval before we can proceed in processing the request.
- Lecture halls (75 seats or greater) are reserved only for those events with attendees of 75 or more.
Procedures to Request a Classroom Reservation
- Classroom reservation requests must be submitted through our online classroom reservation system.
- Information required for reserving a classroom: contact name and phone number of person submitting the request, person designated to pick up the key, purpose of event, department/GSU student organization, expected capacity, and speedtype number (if applicable). To insure your request is processed in a timely manner please make sure all information provided accurately reflects your department/organization’s needs.
- Reservations should be considered tentative until confirmation is received from OCS via e-mail. Classrooms are reserved in the order in which they are received in the processing queue.
- Request should be submitted at least two business days prior to event.
- Notification is requested as early as possible if event is cancelled.
- Requests needing to be revised will have to be cancelled and resubmitted as a new request. There is no guarantee that room(s) previously assigned will be available once changes are made.
- All changes to a confirmed reservation must be submitted via email. To submit your requested changes please reply to your “Confirmation for Event” email. All requests are processed in the order in which they are received. Standard processing time applies.
- As a general rule, classroom reservations will not be made until two weeks after the beginning of the semester (see events reservation calendar). This is to ensure that academic courses are accommodated in appropriate spaces first.
- Large-scale events (requiring 10 or more rooms) classroom reservation requests should be submitted two months in advance to OCS. Please be advised that confirmation of classroom availability should be received before event arrangements are made (i.e. printing brochures, location information, date confirmation, etc.). These events will be accommodated depending on classroom availability.
- Classrooms will not be arranged in any particular fashion. It is the requestor’s responsibility to request additional equipment or furniture. Microphones will have to be requested from the Help Desk at 404-413-4357. Podiums and tables will have to be requested from Facilities Management at 404-413-0600 or 404-413-0700. If furniture is rearranged, it must be returned to its original style after the event has ended. Noise must be kept to a minimum to keep from disturbing classes/events in other rooms. Please do not prop doors. Failure to comply with this request will lead to cancellation and/or denial of future classroom reservation requests.
- Under normal circumstances, requests are processed within two business days. During peak times, request will be processed within a minimum of three days. Once room availability is verified, a confirmation notice will be e-mailed to the requestor, confirming the room assignment. If the request cannot be granted, OCS will contact the person who submitted the request by phone or e-mail.
Frequently Asked Questions
Room Access Information
Keys to classrooms can be obtained from Key Control, located at One Park Place within the Georgia State University Police Department. Security may need to be contacted at 404-413-2100 if the building is locked. Key(s) must be returned to Key Control within two business days after the last reservation date. Failure to return key(s) within two business days will result in loss of privileges for the requestor until the keys are returned. For security purposes please keep your confirmation e-mail with you at all times.