Yellow Ribbon Program
Georgia State University is proud to be a sponsor of the Yellow Ribbon Program in support of our nation’s veterans. The program provides additional assistance to cover out-of-state tuition and mandatory fees that are currently not covered by the Post-911 GI Bill.
- Georgia State University contributes 50 percent toward out-of-state tuition charges for those eligible and the Department of Veteran Affairs matches Georgia State’s scholarship contribution. The program funding is only applied toward tuition and mandatory fees. It does not cover books, housing, and other student expenditures. Yellow Ribbon Scholarships are available only in fall and spring semesters.
- Scholarships are awarded to 30 students on a first come, first serve basis. This means that after the initial application is approved, as long as the student remains continuously enrolled in a program of study at Georgia State and the University remains a participating institution, the student will be guaranteed to receive this scholarship. If continuous enrollment is not maintained, the student is required to re-apply for the program. If all scholarships have been awarded, a waiting list will be maintained. As scholarships become available, students placed on a waiting list will be honored first.
Non-active Service Member receiving Post 9/11 Educational Benefits at the 100 percent eligibility rate.
A dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post 9/11 GI Bill based on a Non-active Service Member’s service under the eligibility criteria listed above.
How to Apply for the Yellow Ribbon Program
- Veterans and their dependents interested in applying for this program should initiate an application through the Office of the Registrar, 224 Sparks Hall.
- Students must complete a Georgia State University Yellow Ribbon Application.
- A Certificate of Eligibility Letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs must be submitted with the Yellow Ribbon Application.
For more information regarding the Yellow Ribbon Program, contact the Office of the Registrar, firstname.lastname@example.org